Garcinia Cambogia is a weight loss supplement found in the fruit of the cambodge tree. The tree produces fruit with many health benefits, including the ability to suppress appetite and help with weight loss. The trees are native to Australia, Asia, Indonesia, Polynesia, and southern and tropical Africa.
The actual ingredients for the weight loss supplement are found in the rind of the fruit and have been used for years in cooking. Common names include tamarind, brindleberry, vdakkan puli, assam fruit, and kudam puli. The fruit has also been used for many years in Ayurveda and other traditional healing cultures.
Garcinia Cambogia seems to be more than just another fad diet. As we all know, every time another diet is announced to the world, people will rush to try it out. Unfortunately, this is just the type of mentality that many diet experts prey on, pushing these new and amazing diet products, promising to melt off the fat.
Garcinia Cambogia actually seems to come through on its promises. The extract from this fruit is indeed, a powerful weight loss tool. The fruit and rind of the tamarind are also rich with antioxidants which help to fight off the effects of aging and detox the system. Antioxidants help the body fight off free radicals which can damage the body over time.
Garcinia Cambogia has also been used over the years to help treat rheumatism, piles, bowel disorders, cancer, constipation, intestinal parasites, and irregular menstruation. It is also used as an anticatarrhal, thermogenic, astringent, and antioxidant. It can help improve heart health, and prevent bile and liver-related diseases.
How it Works
Garcinia Cambogia must be harvested from the tamarind fruit. These are small, yellow fruits that look much like a small pumpkin. They are processed and the herb is cleanly and safely extracted. When ingested, the extract helps reduce feelings of hunger and cravings. It also increases feelings of satiety or feeling fuller. Both of these are very helpful for controlling appetite and for losing weight. The supplement also impacts the way your body converts sugars. It becomes more difficult for your body to convert sugars and carbohydrates to fats, thus reducing belly fat.
Garcinia Cambogia also seems to have a beneficial impact on mental health. Research has shown that taking the supplement increases levels of serotonin and decreases the levels of cortisol. Since serotonin is associated with contentment and cortisol with stress, the relationship is obvious.
There is science behind the weight loss claims.
– In one study of 60 obese and overweight men and women, those taking the pill lost more weight than those in the control population who did not.
– In another study, obese male Zucker rates were given Garcinia Cambogia. These rats did not develop body fat at the same rate as the control group, nor were there any unwanted side effects.
– In another study published in Molecular Cell Biochemistry, research indicated that the product promotes oxidation of fat, increases availability and production of serotonin in the brain, and reduces serum leptin level in obese individuals. The safety of Garcinia Cambogia was established with a 90-day trial.
– Another study using Sprague-Dawley rats indicated that the fruit restricts weight gain by influencing the abdominal fat genes.
– A study looked at the effects of 3.3% Garcinia Cambogia extract on insulin and serum leptin and found that it improved glucose metabolism.
– Another study done by the Obesity Research Center at Columbia University did not find Garcinia Cambogia effective for weight loss. However, critics of this study argue the diet used prevented absorption of the supplement. A high fiber diet was followed and these critics assert that the fruit is most effective when taken in conjunction with a normal diet.
– Other studies indicated Garcinia Cambogia can inhibit ATP Citrate lyase which is the cellular enzyme that helps break citrate to oxalocitrate and Acetyl coenzyme A. Conversion of spare carbohydrates into fat can be prevented when there are low levels of Acetyl coenzyme A.
– Studies also indicate that Garcinia Cambogia helps protect the body from gastric ulcers by increasing the mucosal defensive mechanisms in the stomach. During animal studies, subjects taking the supplement experienced reduced acidity in the digestive tract.
Garcinia Cambogia not only blocks unused carbohydrates from turning into fats and promotes the oxidation of lipids, it also causes glycogen to accumulate in the body. This signals to the body and the mind that it is full and signals to the brain to suppress the appetite. It also increases the levels of serotonin in the brain. This will also lower the appetite and burn more calories as it increases the body’s heat production.
Garcinia Cambogia is good for people who are emotional eaters. People who eat when they are angry or depressed can be helped by taking Garcinia Cambogia. The supplement can help these individuals because it increases the serotonin in the brain. Serotonin not only suppresses the appetite, but also regulates mood and the ability to sleep. By regulating the amount of serotonin, anger and/or depression may be reduced, thus decreasing the compulsion to eat.
For Weight Loss
Garcinia Cambogia seems to be very effective for weight loss. It helps suppress the appetite, helps with better sleep, reduces the cravings for sweets, and also helps with stress management. It provides a supplemental energy source for the body to run on and helps burn fat. It also provides a burst of energy and suppresses hunger pangs.
The Key Ingredient
The primary weight loss ingredient in the product is Hydroxycitric Acid (HCA). HCA is derived from many tropical plants, including the tamarind. In lower amounts it promotes a feeling of fullness, while in higher amounts, it helps with weight loss and fat burning. Studies have indicated that HCA helps inhibit fat production, promote satiety or a feeling of fullness, and suppress appetite. The product also has the highest HCA on the market, which makes it incredible for helping in weight loss.
There seems to be very few side effects of taking Garcinia Cambogia. There have been some reports of minor stomach discomfort or mild headaches. Additionally, some medical doctors have reports concern with long term use because of the HCA contained within Garcinia Cambogia. As with any medication or supplement, it is important to check with your doctor before beginning any weight loss program.